|Archive 1 Dec 2010 - March 2011|
|Archive 2 April 2011 - June 2011|
|Archive 3 July 2011 - Jan 2012|
|Archive 4 Feb 2012 - Sept 2012|
|Archive 5 Oct 2012 - Jan 2013|
i'm new ones here. please give me help for the wiki
- Muhammad Gibran 01:57, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
- What exactly do you need help with? -- WarBlade 02:02, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
- What about them? -- WarBlade 03:09, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
Clu's Command Ship
Re: Clu's Command Ship
Thank you for the message. I thought it looked cool too. All I did was take a screen capture and save it as an image. If you look carefully at the image you can see a map of the Grid on one of the radar screens. If you want your program to go to Clu's Command Ship on the official TRON website, go click downloads then click the program icon under the list of downloads. It will remove the downloads so you can get a better look at the interior of Clu's Command Ship. —Preceding unsigned comment added by DaftPunkGuy (talk • contribs)
What are these?
i was wondering if you knew what those are in the picture. Those things C.L.U 2 holds when Rinzler is fighting Sam. (lol i just really want to know!!)
End of line, man!
CluTronFlynn 05:44, March 13, 2012 (UTC)CluTronFlynn
- People usually refer to them as Clu's gravity balls. -- WarBlade 11:04, March 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Mikeoeagle: if i'm corrective at this, these are possibly known as Manipulation orbs, which are used for some basic teleknisnis movement, control a randon program @ 2 points (controlling Rinzler in the arena) also a possible grid gadget (unlike something from a baton. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- ok thanks!!! And do u have a page on them on this wiki?
- End of line, man!
- CluTronFlynn 00:47, March 15, 2012 (UTC)CluTronFlynn
- No, they'd be worth about one sentence, so there's not enough justification for an article. --WarBlade 00:52, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
Why did you move my picture of Crom hanging off the platform to the gallery? I don't have a problem with it, I was just wondering if there is some rule about stuff like that.
Sorry. Forgot the signature. That was me about the Crom thing. Jeyo 21:55, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
- The image was placed in the middle of a paragraph and that was pushing section headers around. There was a gallery available below, so the image had a more appropriate place slotted in there. -- WarBlade 22:06, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, okay. And the Clu 2 "Personality and Traits" section? Jeyo 00:47, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Moved down the page to make it consistent with other articles on the Tron Wiki. -- WarBlade 01:03, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
You deleted my "Rinzler to Tron" picture saying it was already in the gallery, but that picture of him had no lights; it was before his "Tron" lights came on. In my picture his lights were on; there was more to see. If anything, you should have deleted the other one, right? Jeyo 20:04, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
- You uploaded an image that was maybe a couple of frames different from one that was already there. In these situations I will just remove the new image. If there is a better image available than the existing one, then there is a case for upgrading, but otherwise adding more imagery to an overcrowded gallery will probably result in a clean out. -- WarBlade 20:10, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I see. Jeyo 20:12, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
Am I doing anything wrong in the way I edit pages? I'm just wondering because you've been deleting a lot of my stuff and I want to make sure I am doing stuff right. Jeyo 00:54, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- The pages you've been tinkering with are largely complete, therefore many of your additions are unnecessary. In the case of galleries, there are quite a few pages where more images are counterproductive when there are too many already. Perhaps try filling in some holes instead if you know any of those subjects. -- WarBlade 01:01, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, okay. Jeyo 02:29, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
I made a mistake! I put the category "infected" on "Gibson" because he was infected and then realized that there isn't a category page labelled infect and I don't know how to delete a category. What should I do? Jeyo 17:20, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Bringing the problem to my attention works. Categories appear in a box to the right of the edit pane and can be manually added or removed there (except in cases where categories are supplied by a template). -- WarBlade 17:28, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I see where they are now. Thanks! Jeyo 18:30, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
Light Jet Rezzing Pics
Hi, it's Jeyo. i was wondering-- you know when I posted The left picture on Light Jet? Well, I was wondering if I should delete it and replace it with the one on the right not. I think the right one is better, but I I didn't want to post it yet in case you didn't. Jeyo 02:48, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- There's nothing wrong with the first one, and it would be a preferable choice simply because it was taken from footage available in the trailer. -- WarBlade 12:33, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks. Jeyo 17:32, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
Derezz / Derez?
Hi, it's Jeyo again. I just wondered why you changed everything on the page "Derezz Gate" to "Derez Gate" if the correct and most widely accepted term is derezz with two "z"s. Jeyo 05:54, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, so "Derez" is the official term? Jeyo 06:14, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Apparently. --WarBlade 06:16, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Swell :) Glad that was cleared up. Jeyo 06:17, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
What is this vehicle? Should we make a page about it? You see the size comparison to a Sentry on the lower left picture.
IMAGES REMOVED - WarBlade 05:56, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- You've been uploading an excessive number of images, many of which are largely pointless. This is a wiki, not a photo archive. The objective of a gallery is simply to demonstrate something within the context of an article, not to show off every scene. Posting multiples of the same vehicle on my talk page, when one would have sufficed, only highlights how indiscriminately you've been operating in regards to image uploads. It's about time you tone it down. Images need to be pertinent to the article, clear if possible, and avoid repeating content already on the page. -- WarBlade 05:56, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh... Sorry. I was just trying to give a good idea of what the vehicle looked like, and as for the other pictures, I was just eager to help. Too eager, I guess. I'll "tone down", then, as you said. Jeyo 17:54, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
What--what happened to Daftpunkguy? It looks like all his badges have been deleted! ...... Umm, yeah. Forgot the signature, sorry. Jeyo 04:31, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- DaftPunkGuy earned short block for an inappropriate blog post. -- WarBlade 05:56, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, yeah, the "idiot" one? Jeyo 05:58, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
Why did you delete my page? It's the first I've ever created and it's gone! :( Jeyo 05:57, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- You only have claim to pages in the user namespace, and I have not done anything to your page. I deleted an article that was created under an inappropriate name, concerning a vehicle that already has an article. --WarBlade 06:08, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what's a user namespace?
- That vehicle already has an article?? what's it called?
- Jeyo 17:53, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- If you look up to the address bar where it says "User talk", or go to your User page, you'll be in the User namespace. These are our personal pages and talk pages. The page you've requested is currently titled "Light Tanker". -- WarBlade 19:07, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh. Jeyo 20:59, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I still don't fully get it, actually. the pages under the user namespace are just user pages. Does that mean I have no authorization for creating pages at all? Jeyo 16:34, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
- You can create new pages. If new main namespace pages are unwarranted, or cover a topic that is already covered, I will remove them or replace them with a redirect as needed. Pages in your personal user namespace are more or less yours to do with as you please however (within reason). -- WarBlade 20:30, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, swell.Thanks! Jeyo 21:48, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
"Rez" Page Category Edit
Sorry. Should I just stop editing for a bit? Jeyo 21:54, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Be careful of the categories. Most articles already in place are already categorised appropriately. You put a franchise-wide term into a category used to distinguish particular elements unique to that game. -- WarBlade 22:24, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, okay. Jeyo 22:44, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
Should I make a page of "memory", like MCP's memory Clu was going through in Tron? Jeyo 00:43, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I think someone tried that before and only managed about one sentence, so it wound up on the scrap heap. -- WarBlade 02:30, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I see. But if I added a picture, made it an article stub and talked about Clu's hacking it could make for a small page, right? Or no? Jeyo 06:54, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay. That I'll do. Jeyo 16:07, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- TRON: Uprising is technically non-canon, right? Jeyo 17:24, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. Canonicity is something that's been brought up before, but never really hammered out. I'd really like to see editors here reach a consensus on what to do with TRON: Legacy-based non-canon subjects. -- WarBlade 21:11, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, good. Because I didn't want to put a "non-canon" category on TRON: Uprising just in case there was some snag. Jeyo 21:29, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- That means bring it up for discussion. Get a consensus first. -- WarBlade 21:38, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah. Jeyo 22:53, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
Light Cycle in Uprising
This is supposed to be a light cycle in TRON: Uprising. What kind is it? It's not anything I've ever seen before. It's not even in the trailer for Uprising: In the trailer they show gen 5 light cycles! Jeyo 22:09, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not familiar with it. -- WarBlade 07:05, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah it's completely new. That trailer I mentiond with 5th gen lightcycles has been modified and the new version shows these now. Jeyo 16:46, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
Staffs or prods?
Would the MCP Guards' weapons be considered early versions of the Sentry staff? Jeyo 04:02, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe. -- WarBlade 07:05, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
Hello again! Don't want to clutter up your talk page, but I've been wondering for a while now: how did you come to be the system administrator? Jeyo 00:54, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I've been wiki editing for a while, and have had sysop level access on another wiki, so I came here with more experience than most at a time when a few editors were doing a lot. Mr. Sinistar didn't have much time to donate, and Mattias Arana wanted to keep his focus on the James Cameron's Avatar Wiki, so my access was updated to sysop to fill the void. -- WarBlade 01:37, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Neat. Jeyo 01:42, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Do you know what the Community Council is? Jeyo 23:12, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Kind of a beta test group managed from Wikia Central. -- WarBlade 23:25, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
- What do they do? Because I got a message saying that I've been selected for the Community Council. I took this survey thing for it and then... nothing. So I was wondering what it was. Jeyo 00:07, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
- People test new features and provide feedback on them, or are simply called in for a stress test. I had an invite too, but I'm just too busy to follow it up any further. -- WarBlade 02:04, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for the quick clean up there. Wasn't sure of the desired format.
Mostly thanks for not just deleting the entire thing. Took a bit of time, being my first time working with a wiki interface.
I was worried when I the email that said cleanup nix advertising. Thought you might be dismissing the entire project. XD
Wulfeous 07:47, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
- It was a close call. Not many fan-generated projects get acceptance in the main namespace here, but a few have been documented. Please note that you may not use an article for advertising your work. The emphasis is to document a subject, and this should be done as objectively as possible. -- WarBlade 07:54, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
TRON: Betrayal canon
Hi, Warblade, it's Jeyo. I just now saw something that I have never noticed before: that TRON: Betrayal is not canon. And I was wondering how/why it's not canon. It seems to fit perfectly to me...Jeyo 23:20, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
- The movie canon includes TRON and TRON: Legacy at this time. Everything else adds in their own deviations from the story for the purpose of telling their own stories. -- WarBlade 23:25, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Then how is TRON: Evolution canon? Jeyo 20:58, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- It's not. It's even further removed from the movie story than Betrayal. -- WarBlade 22:18, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- But--what!? I thought Evolution was canon! It fits in perfectly with the movies. So does Betrayal, come to think of it. Are you saying that only the movies are canon? Jeyo 23:39, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. -- WarBlade 23:43, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- .....Oh. Jeyo 00:02, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
- So, how come Tron: Evolution is not canon? It fits in perfectly. I know Betrayal does not work in the series, but Evolution fits in perfectly! It just tells the story from a different Point of View. Colmyo 13:19, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
look on to this
User:JarodMighty 23:58, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
protest: kevin flynn unknown sacrifice
I Told You Before I Suggest we Wait For The Third Movie Of Tron To Come Its In 2013 Next Year And Then You Can Do The Page Of Kevin Flynn.
Why Don't You Listen To Me?!?
You Are Making Me Disapointed out of your head you can stop boring everybody about it and Look On "This Page", For a Change...hmmmm?
User:JarodMighty 12:44, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
- The character articles will stay as they are. They're not under development, and the character histories end with Legacy and The Next Day. Anything after that is pure speculation and has no business being added (outside of a blog post or user namespace). If another TRON movie is ever made, and new information becomes available, then we will update statuses accordingly.
- Secondly, "Unknown" is not appropriate for use in infoboxes. The data will either be something quantifiable, or be left blank. -- WarBlade 13:39, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you i think i suggest i'll choose it blank on the status on kevin flynn and tron too and if another tron movie is ever made and that point it will began in 2013 then we will be sure and it begins in the cinema and then you do the rest on the status : ) (turn your head side left) User:JarodMighty 14:10, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
- You will not choose. I told you that the histories end with Legacy and Next Day and that is what the articles will document until new histories emerge.
- You complain that I pay no attention to you, but you don't appear to pay much attention to anyone else either. Frankly I'm tired of running around after you and Mr. Sinistar was equally fed up back in the day. I suggest you don't try the multiple account thing again. -- WarBlade 14:52, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
Should we get Chat? it could be helpful for discussing new things. Jeyo 03:04, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
- with the small base of editors here? Leaving messages on Talk pages should be sufficient. -- WarBlade 03:10, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay. It was just an idea. Jeyo 03:11, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
I have started the discussion on the talk page, which ends the revert war (one you started, FYI). She simply can't be still a program and exist in the real world, she would have to have transferred to human status. Tdi7457 02:39, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
Undo revision trick
How do you do the "Undo Revision" thing? I've seen you and other people do it, but never figured out how. Jeyo 04:15, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
- In the revision history, the latest revision of the page will have an "Undo" link up on the right. Clicking that will take you to an edit pane with the option to save the reverted edit. -- WarBlade 04:30, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, thanks Jeyo 22:35, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
New era icon
I think we should have an Era icon for TRON: Uprising. The icon could be the same image as the TRON: Legacy icon, just white. Jeyo 19:19, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
What do you think? Jeyo 01:00, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Could you at least tell me why you aren't answering me on this? Jeyo 01:14, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- It's a fiddly addition that Mattias Arana ported in. I've seen the original, and it's supposed to generate the era above the article content rather than within. He's left something out though, so it never worked that way, but I do recall exploring the template once and didn't quite get to the bottom of it all. -- WarBlade 01:32, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- What do you mean it never worked that way? The current Era icons are fine, aren't they? Jeyo 01:38, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- They work, roughly, but they're not displaying quite as intended. -- WarBlade 01:51, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, when you have "gotten to the bottom of it", here is a picture you could use for the icon. [Image removed - WarBlade] Jeyo 01:17, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
Why have you locked the Beck page? Jeyo 01:56, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Because you guys have gone way overboard with the gallery edits. It's on a timer and the lock will expire in its own time. -- WarBlade 01:58, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I have been trying to delete what I can. I was just going to take away the "Original chest circuitry design for Beck" picture and one of the blurrier ones when I found it was locked. Do you know when it will expire? Jeyo 02:03, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
What's the point of the Gallery Pages? Jeyo 00:59, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
- They will cut down excessive image uploads, and also help a little with abiding by Wikia requests on keeping bandwidth usage down. -- WarBlade 01:03, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh. And what is "bandwidth usage"? Jeyo 01:07, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Not really. You didn't stop to consider whether it was needed, and out of all the equipment articles this one is the only one that justifies the gallery measures that I've been working on during the week. To that end you'd have been better off inquiring about it before jumping the gun. The second thing you got wrong was because you made the page prematurely, you didn't stop to check if the Equipment infobox template was ready for the update - it wasn't. I've since put the necessary linking structure in so it it works now. As for the gallery page itself, yeah it was close. It still could have done with a little bit more cleaning out before publishing though. -- WarBlade 10:33, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay - what classifies a page as in need of a gallery page, then? And what would have said that the infobox wasn't "ready" for the update? Jeyo 16:17, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- The character, vehicle, and now the equipment infoboxes are ready. -- WarBlade 20:14, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- So I can continue to create gallery pages? Jeyo 20:29, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- If there are any I have missed on the aforementioned page types, yes, although if you could start by copying from the gallery template page, that might yield a better result. But please don't jump the gun on the other page types. There are some pages not in line for a gallery. -- WarBlade 20:36, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay. So all characters, vehicles and equipment, then? Jeyo 20:41, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Only if there are any more left where three or more images are littering the bottom of a page. -- WarBlade 20:45, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks. Jeyo 20:46, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry - there's something else I don't get. How do you create the link to the gallery? I thought I had it figured out - until now. Jeyo 20:58, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, okay. Thanks. Jeyo 21:08, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
Disc Opponent 2
Hi, WarBlade! It's Colmyo, creator of the TRON: Legacy program page. I wanted to ask, when I was logged out, I made an edit to the page: Disc Opponent 2. I added the new color thing... Everyone, including me, thinks that he is that Green/Blue hybrid. Is this correct?
Colmyo 19:41, May 27, 2012 (UTC) Colmyo
Improvement on my part
Sorry for taking up most of your talk page, but I was wondering - is anything I could do to improve or make my edits more satisfactory? It seems like you have to clean up after me a lot. Jeyo 01:10, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Determine if you can make an article before creating the page for one. A stub might be a paragraph or two. One or two sentences to accompany a gallery and infobox are a poor start and are practically worthless. A wiki needs written information.
- Proof read everything. See if it makes sense and use the Preview button to see how the published version will look. Check for any redundancies as well. Sometimes paragraphs can repeat ideas unnecessarily, so an article can actually benefit from a little trimming before exploring new ideas.
- Stay on topic. Imagine the spotlight squarely on your subject. The motivations or activities of other characters etc. often become added bloat that can distract from your subject.
- Gallery captions should be short and to the point. Complicating them with subject matter beyond what is shown is usually unnecessary (note the light copter landing on the command carrier where the pilot mention was removed seeing as she wasn't the subject). Multiple links within the same caption are generally a bad idea.
- -- WarBlade 01:25, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. Jeyo 01:33, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
Okay. I've got a problem. When you told me that the Light Cable page was about the baton-generated version, I decided to create a page about the big one used on Clu's statue. But "cable" seemed a more appropriate name for the large one than the baton-generated one. So I renamed the "baton" Light Cable Light Grappler and called my new page, the large one, Light Cabler. I figured that as soon as I was done, i could change the name to Light Cable without the "r". But when I finished, I could not change the name: the Wiki stated that "Light Cable" already existed. But I had already renamed the baton-generated one to say Light Grappler. It just wouldn't let me rename Cabler into Cable. Can you help me? Jeyo 22:21, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Oh. You already deleted it. Jeyo 22:21, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
I had just added a lot of information to the Renegade Strike page when I found you had deleted it. Because there is more information, may I re-create the page? Jeyo 05:40, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- If you can write a decent paragraph, give it a try. If it still fails, I'll tag it for deletion, and that should alert you to the need to improve it significantly. I'm sure the subject must have a lot more information than some level names. -- WarBlade 05:44, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
I was just thinking, since the animated series aired last night, and there are multiple episodes online, that you should put the show in the dropdown menu. You have one for Films and Games, maybe you should do one for TV too and put the link to the Tron:Uprising page there.
Gridmonitor 03:01, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
- The thought had crossed my mind. I haven't decided how best to integrate yet though. -- WarBlade 03:29, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
- If you want my opinion (sorry for interrupting), I think we should create a page for every episode and put the links to to the episode pages on the main page, TRON: Uprising. Jeyo 04:12, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, WarBlade, It's Jeyo (again). I was just going to the Sentry/Gallery page to replace a TRON: Uprising picture with a much better one. Since the page has been locked, can you do it instead? Jeyo 21:33, June 10, 2012 (UTC)
[Images removed - WarBlade]
So could you do that, please? Jeyo 00:55, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Done. -- WarBlade 23:00, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks :) Jeyo 23:09, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
i came up with the idea of creating a new template its called Template:Film Infobox and its similar to Template:Game Infobox look on edit just in case
its not vandalism nor rv nor spam its a new template of my idea of films but i can't create tv Infobox unless i can try
User:JarodMighty 18:25, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I have another idea planned. It's a bit more extensive than the one you are experimenting with, but it's on the back burner for the moment. Another "when I get around to it" proposition. -- WarBlade 22:12, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, and please don't push a big template like that live again without first consulting either myself or someone who knows what they're doing. -- WarBlade 00:42, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
Hello. My name is Fighter the Hedgehog. My bro is named Speedy the Hedgehog. Do you know him? You also have a lot of badges. How long have you been on this wiki?Fighter: COME ON NOW RACE 19:26, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
- I've been helping with the Tron Wiki since 2010. -- WarBlade 22:50, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
Alright, listen to me. My brother didn't know that that was vandalism, and he didn't read the wiki rules. He didn't know, and it's unfair to block him. So unblock him immediately. Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle. --☆Mega Speedy☆ 22:47, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Also, I'm not gonna edit to this wiki, so it won't make much of a difference if you block me. --☆Mega Speedy☆ 22:51, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
I can help
Thanks for the welcome.
So, is there any way I can help the wiki?
- Research. A whole lot of collaborative effort and research. -- WarBlade 22:11, June 16, 2012 (UTC)
- ZenTrio3 22:22, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
Kevin Flynn -- Personality
Warblade, I have a suggestion.
Kevin Flynn's page needs a "Personality" section. I thought that it was kind of strange that other characters had a "Personality" section, and he didn't, especially with the fact that he is one of the most pivotal charcters in Tron.
What do you think?
Oh, by the way, the one right before that was mine.
ZenTrio3 22:02, June 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I can review the page history to uncover exactly who wrote what. With regards to Flynn's personality, sure, if you want to write one up, go for it. -- WarBlade 22:11, June 16, 2012 (UTC)
- A few of the high traffic pages, and pages that have had repeated vandalism problems, have a soft protection added to them. This prevents unregistered editors and new editors from updating. The protection setting will stop blocking you once you've got a bit more experience under your belt. -- WarBlade 03:50, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
So, can you help me?
I don't have any Wiki experience...
For some reason, I keep forgetting to sign...
That was mine.
ZenTrio3 04:48, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
Can you give me a list of stubs I can edit?
New Account/ Username
I have a question for you. If I wanted to change my account name to better suit the Tron Wiki, how could I do so? But, my current username is very appropriate for Xenopedia, the first Wiki I started on. Or, should I create an account for this wiki? But if I did that, I would lose my achievements and editing history. How should I go forward? Elite Predator 227 06:48, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- For one thing, it is best not to have multiple accounts. As for changing your account name, you will have to message an administrator with Wikia-wide access. From the top menu, the "Community" pull down menu will reveal "Contact an administrator". There's a link in there to Wikia Central where you can find someone to update your account name if you choose to do so. -- WarBlade 06:53, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, WarBlade. I really appreciate the help, and in time my new username will be Rinzler 2.0. You have my regards. Elite Predator 227 02:56, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
I see you're taking away the "Key" categories. Why is that? Jeyo 23:06, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Are you directing that at me?
- If so, sorry for that...
- 126.96.36.199 23:19, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
- It's directed to me. When those categories were set up I felt they were a bad idea, but I didn't stop it, and instead waited to see how they would pan out. Since then, they've recently been abused in such a way that anything remotely significant started getting categorise as "Key" when in most cases they were nothing of the sort. Add to that, they started covering the same ground as "Main". So I removed them. Currently the only "Key" category left is the "Key locations" category, and that's only still in existence because "Key locations" makes more grammatical sense than "Main locations". -- WarBlade 07:12, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I see. Jeyo 17:43, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
Should there be categories for persistent and/or baton-generated vehicles? Jeyo 17:38, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- With such a limited number of documented vehicles, there isn't much point to a further split into two subcategories. -- WarBlade 06:45, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Was this noteworthy, then? Jeyo19:08, June 20, 2012 (UTC) [Image removed - WarBlade]
- Please stop uploading images to demonstrate something that you can simply link to. Tron's case is a bit unique, with him being the title character, and that trivia was also entered under an appropriate heading. -- WarBlade 19:15, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, but Tessler is one of the main characters of Uprising. Wouldn't it have been better to just change notes to trivia? --Jeyo 19:22, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- To point out that he has a green spot on his chest, and some vague mention of which hand an artist has drawn him using? No, I don't believe so. -- WarBlade 06:45, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Block this user
- If you want to submit a vandalism report, please just describe the problem and leave a link. Suggesting that I should block is not helpful, nor were the revisions of your message. I just need the problem highlighted so I can investigate and deal with it. -- WarBlade 06:45, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
- The revisions were because I made a mistake with the first message, and I did describe the problem and leave a link. Jeyo 06:48, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Two things: Firstly, leave the Talk post as is, warts and all - you have Preview to help you get it right. Secondly, I will investigate and respond accordingly. I will not block someone on a recommendation. -- WarBlade 06:55, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Fine. Jeyo 07:07, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Hi WarBlade. It's Jeyo. I asked Colmyo to deliver this message to you because I can't, as you know. I'm sorry about the copyright violation. I had forgotten all about it and was just happy to provide the Wiki with the full episodes of TRON: Uprising. Your block caught me completely unawares and I think a warning might have sufficed. I will not do something like that again, so could you please unblock me? Jeyo 17:04, June 25, 2012 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Colmyo (talk • contribs)
- The block will expire in three months. -- WarBlade 20:41, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
When I sign in, do i have to click confirmation link in my email to finish creating account. or use a different email address. or both because i click both.. and it take me to the same page. please help me.
- I Never used a Wikia before, i only look at Wikia :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Your user account should activate if you click the confirmation link sent via email. -- WarBlade 02:17, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
- or you should make me a List What to do in Wiki
- A list is not practical if it only has two points; register, confirm registration. Your description however, is very vague. You've apparently received the confirmation link, but haven't really described what the problem is after that. -- WarBlade 21:22, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Please don't format your questions into subheadings. It's hard to read and makes a mess of this Talk page. As for your problem, you should just be able to click "Confirm" and then be able to log in here. -- WarBlade 23:23, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Tron and Flynn Status
first you put deceased on kevin flynn and now you put derezzed on tron we don't know if there is a third movie coming if tron and flynn returns along with the original characters from the first movie and new upcoming characters to add!
JarodMighty 18:35, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
- As I has explained to you several times already, until another film starts shooting there isn't another film, so we'll document what the existing story has provided and leave it at that. -- WarBlade 21:42, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
I agree. As of right now, we don't know their true statuses, but based on what we saw in TRON: Legacy, they are both deceased.
ZenTrio3 21:47, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
NEW!!! NEW!!! NEW!!!
i found an idea You know when it said allies on the infoboxes so why don't we put in enemies on it too and why don't we create a new infobox: event. what do you reckon?
oh and by the way do you got a webcam so i can chat to you face to face?
User:JarodMighty 08:49, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Even Allies are becoming a problem with all of the characters in TRON: Uprising, so bloating the problem further with Enemies is not something I'm inclined to do.
- Template:Event? For what? The Purge? And then what...? Templates are handy when there are a number of articles linking to them, but not so great for just one or two. -- WarBlade 08:54, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- yes the purge is part of the big event "the perfect system" and create a page name "the next frontier" is an event for clu to bring his army to the real world to attack is part of it too and "the perfect system" is a big event of the beginning & the end of kevin flynn and the grid and Don't worry leave that to me JarodMighty 09:58, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- No thanks. -- WarBlade 12:44, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Please sign your comments on talk pages. -- WarBlade 21:42, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
Firegirl167 04:44, July 10, 2012 (UTC)umm do you think you could check my addition to Beck's wiki and make sure it's not to long and if you delet it that's okay and I'm really sorry about the editing war I really didn't mean toFiregirl167 04:44, July 10, 2012 (UTC)
why can't we create episode pages just like the one on the wikia of doctor who ? that won't be stress about which pictures its from the episode and we need a full long plot, cast, locations (not to mention: in real life in america) you know?: encom tower.
sample: The End of time
User:JarodMighty 16:23, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- This wiki doesn't seem to have a large enough group of editors to do consistent full-episode writeups of an ongoing series. --Carrion 20:59, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Tardis Wiki: 29,144 articles in progress... Tron Wiki: 613. If we had a platform of contributors fifty times larger, then it wouldn't be that big a deal, but unfortunately we only have several. -- WarBlade 22:38, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
new episode of tron's revelation of the past
warblade i checked it on the video on youtube of tron uprising new episode with flashback on it: a new character appears on the sneek peak his name was dyson we was once a good friend to tron his circuitry color was formerly white now he betrayed him and serve loyalty to clu (after the beginning of clu betrayed flynn and tron) and his current circuitry color is red and he wears the mask of the black guard and now hes back and tron wants revenge on dyson and tron remains beck behind and going after him alone to finish what he started and i saw tron scars is getting much worse and i saw clu on the sneak peek
[IMAGES REMOVED x3 - WarBlade]
User:JarodMighty 22:48, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Don't flood my Talk page with unnecessary images. One would have sufficed. -- WarBlade 22:55, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- User:JarodMighty 22:57, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
8th episode: today
it's today the 8th episode is scars warn me if tron is transforming into rinzler if not he'll be okay also its in america to watch not in england on disney xd
User:JarodMighty 16:28, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think there is a new episode today. Check the schedule. -- Daniel1ksc 16:46, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
i checked on the wikipedia and my guess is: is will be on 2nd of august you were right.
User:JarodMighty 19:49, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
- If you want to test things out for yourself you can create a sub page behind your own user name, eg. User:Daniel1ksc/Sandbox -- WarBlade (talk) 21:04, August 5, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, just wanted to ask you if jetwalls/Jetwalls are supposed to be capitalized, as in Tron, or not, as in electric?
- It's a common noun within the context of the TRON Universe , so no. -- WarBlade (talk) 21:04, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
I noticed that you reverted my edit on Beau Garrett. Saying "the Siren, Gem in TRON: Legacy" is agrammatical, as a comma between these two word suggests that there is only one Siren. Likewise, saying "My friend, John, was at the party" suggests that you only have one friend, John. The proper form is "My friend John was at the party." This is an accepted and often overlooked rule of grammar.
- They're currently combined with the MCP-era guards. Aside from cosmetics, there isn't really much to distinguish them. -- WarBlade (talk) 23:39, August 21, 2012 (UTC)
I am planning on making a page for a vehicle that appears in a couple of episodes in TRON: Uprising. The only problem is that it hasn't been given a name. It resembles a truck and can hold many programs. This is the vehicle I am referring to:
- Please don't make more articles documenting content that has no name. -- WarBlade (talk) 19:59, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I won't, that is why I came to you before doing so. I will make a page if this vehicle's name is ever revealed. -DaftPunkGuy
Tron and Rinzler
Hi I was wondering at the end of tron betrayal is tron climbing out of the sea of simulation. And what do u think of beck being Rinzler in trons place because he is weak and damaged. That sounds so weird to say about tron.
It would seem with in reason for beck to Rinzler at least some of the time at least with him being skilled with two identity discs maybe he takes over for tron. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Alpha Fernir (talk • contribs)
Greetings I was wondering at the end tron betrayal is that tron climbing out of the sea of simulation after tron legacy.
- I was just watching tron legacy and I noticed at the end when Sam liberates his fathers identity disc and Rinzler walks in with Quorra Sam and Rinzler begin to disc battle until Quorra is almost able knock Rinzler of the ledge, Sam and Quorra are able to escape from him when rinzler falls of the ledge so does his twin identity discs and when he jumps back up he does not have one disc on him at all and when he jumps out the window with clu his disc is not there still, I bring this up because in tron uprising when beck loses his disc he begins to lose his memories that were stored on his identity disc and since rinzler is a reprogrammed tron his original tron memories must resurface and that's why he is able to remember Kevin Flynn and crash into clu. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Alpha Fernir (talk • contribs)
- Sign your posts please. -- WarBlade (talk) 06:18, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
Hi. I just wanted to know if you could please ban the right from this user/I.P.: 184.108.40.206 . He overwrote what I had on my profile and put something inapropriate. Thank you.-TopGearUKUS (talk) 03:37, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Reviewed, and done. In future please just report the incident. I'll then review it and take whatever action I feel is appropriate. -- WarBlade (talk) 05:51, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
- That's just a template that shows the username of anyone viewing it. It does it for me too. :P Jeyo (talk) 03:04, October 8, 2012 (UTC)
Hello WarBlade. It's Jeyo once again. I'd like to talk to you about the protecting of gallery pages. While it's true that users have a tendency to upload excessive images - namely myself and DaftPunkGuy - I think that locking nearly every gallery page is a mistake. I often see images that I can replace with better ones, images that shouldn't be there at all or grammar mistakes in the captions and it rather irks me that I can't just go in and fix it. I don't upload images excessively anymore, so I can help with removing unnecessary ones, but I think if the gallery pages were unprotected more work would get done. For example, the Tank page. There are a lot of images very similar to each other that can be deleted. Another example is the Beck page. It has several unneeded, blurry pictures that need deleting but it could also use some recent pictures depicting the later episodes. Please try to see my view on this matter. Thanks, Jeyo (talk) 19:06, October 24, 2012 (UTC)
- You and DaftPunkGuy went overboard, and now you're paying the price. Contributors need to exercise some level of common sense when adding to pages, and those galleries were a solution to a problem that I could only otherwise resolve with blocking the pair of you. If an image is of poor quality it can be tagged for deletion. -- WarBlade (talk) 19:14, October 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I understand your motives, but I haven't uploaded pictures in a long time and my views have changed since my "trip". Do you believe that whoever a person is will never change? I've learned since then. I can help the wiki more if those pages are unlocked. Back then, I didn't fully understand the wiki's systems. Now I do. So please consider my request again. "Paying the price" I think is the wrong way to go about it. As I recall, after you told me not to upload images excessively, I stopped. --Jeyo (talk) 19:23, October 24, 2012 (UTC)
Okay, I've done some trimming on those two galleries. What are the grammar mistakes? -- WarBlade (talk) 04:41, November 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I was incorrect in saying "grammar mistakes". I meant small things such as mispelling Tesler's name, captions like "Bodhi profile picture" and certain captions that end with periods and others that don't. There are some blurry and unneeded images in various galleries as well. --Jeyo (talk) 05:10, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Tron Uprising canonicity
Greetings! What's the current canonicity status of Tron: Uprising? I see that there's an Uprising section in Tron's page, while the information in the subsequent Tron 2.0 section is marked non-canon, but Uprising is still listed as non-canon in the Canon page. I'd heard something about official word from some Disney source that Uprising was being considered canonical, but the people working on it would naturally say that, and I can't find the reference at the moment. Thought I'd ask before I find myself in error. --Infiniteviking (talk) 21:32, October 24, 2012 (UTC)
tron returning after scars 1 & 2?
my instincts tells me that tron won't or will becoming rinzler i check on the cast on new episodes that he will appear on "Grounded" and "We Both Know How This Ends" and finally "The Stranger" so beck will rescue tron or beck will fight Tron/Rinzler. just warn me if anythings happen about tron and clu (just incase his true face appears in flashback) and finally flynn (just incase he speaks)
- Warn you? The easy solution: Patience. It's easiest to just enjoy the show when it comes and not have to obsess over it prematurely. -- WarBlade (talk) 11:19, October 26, 2012 (UTC)
I was wondering if anyone else noticed rinzlers growl after clu attacks him for instance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r37cqh8LME youtube search birth of rinzler
in the lasr 8-7 seconds you can hear it. And when tron first gets two identity discs and looks at them maybe it is because his original design called for two discs, and maybe tron is like clu in many ways because he is not a basic program like the others and that is the reason why he broke thru the rinzler programing and the resign why cant be derezzed and do you planon making a trons special ops black guard team page from tron uprising? Thank you.
- Tron's original design did not call for two discs; he fights with only one in the 1982 movie, he fights with only one until picking up the second one in the Legacy flashback, and he's back to fighting with only one in Uprising. As for grabbing an opponent's disc and briefly using it against them, even Beck did that in Beck's Beginning.
- There has been nothing in canon so far to suggest that Tron is not a Basic program. If he's the same Tron who was written by Alan in the first movie, and there's nothing to suggest he isn't, he was written from outside the screen, same as every other Basic except Clu. There's nothing to suggest his breaking through the Rinzler coding had anything to do with his being 'different'.
- There are many signs that Tron and Rinzler will be the same, most notably the fact that he has Alan's voice in Legacy and that his flashback at the end of Legacy is about the same incident Tron had a flashback to in Scars ("Flynn, go!"). However, it would still be theoretically possible for the Uprising team to pull a fast one and make Beck Rinzler instead -- Beck has half of Tron's disc, after all, and might absorb his memories. As for Tron's (or Rinzler's) final end, he sinks into the Sea, his circuits light up white, but we do not see him rescued, so there is no way to know whether he'll be alive or dead in the third movie. He's a tough program originally, but by Uprising he can only survive when he has access to a healing chamber; he's not invincible. He's been through a lot and we've been told of no magical exceptional trait that would make him unable to die.
- We may have individual preferences for what should happen or individual beliefs about what is suggested by the hints we're given, but until it actually happens on the show we do not know for sure. --Infiniteviking (talk) 01:13, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
I just realised that at the end of tron legacy Quorra is wearing Kevin flynns identity disc which I guess puts to rest the idea of clu putting a black guards disc on tron reprogramming him into Rinzler. Alpha Fernir (talk) 01:50, November 2, 2012 (UTC)Alpha-FernirAlpha Fernir (talk) 01:50, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
The Revelation Of The Past: REVEALS at long last!
i was right all along tron won't become rinzler, after clu strike tron in one blow dyson captures tron and took him in the recognizer and then he cuts tron's left eye and tron has a real scar and send him away. a sentry named cyrus blew the recognizer up and saved tron he's the real creator of the revolution against clu thats exactly how cyrus got started this whole thing after he betrayed clu. what happened to cyrus is unknown after tron is left alone and tron didn't kill dyson he decided to send a message to clu and tron is back to normal. they were two secret safehouses side by side one thats is near tron city is kevin's but the other near argon city is tron's
Did anyone else notice in tron 2.0 comic issue one page 11 the program in the dark looks like general teslar and what I ment about about trons original design Is when he was first thought of he was ment to have two identy discs or at least battle with two. And I would be very surprised if beck does not become Rinzler he uses two discs perfectly even moves like him in scars part 2 when tron is on the walk way and says u found me and beck jumps down it is just like Rinzler in tron legacy when quorra removes herself from the equation and Rinzler jumps in front of her. And I know that most of the guards look the same but the guard that dyson derezzs in clu's ship I thought that he looked like Cyrus the program that saved tron. I also just wanted to say thank you to warblade for making this grid very easy and friendly to use and for keeping it running I know it's not easy to do and for that I thank u and everyone else that keep its going. Thank you.
Adding minor programs
Question about creating pages for minor characters -- what are the criteria for characters to be included? I had thought that since the Crying Program from End of Line merited a page, the monklike program, who had just as much (or little) screentime, did too. --Infiniteviking (talk) 02:53, November 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Dawn Mander is credited as the "Crying Program". If you can find a credit, ten an article might be justified, but if not, then you're just making up names for something that had a few seconds of screen time. That particular bald program has had two or three articles with various names already. Nobody could back up the content, so the articles have been removed. -- WarBlade (talk) 03:01, November 5, 2012 (UTC)
Sam flynn in a Isomorphic systems with iso's
What if this new grid that Kevin ,tron ,and clu were creating was a isomorphic system made by design or accident, maybe this is the reason why Sam had no user like abilities on the Grid unlike his father and with the grid being isomorphic perhaps this is we're the iso's came from and maybe each ISO is in some form amall piece of Kevin or a copy that was rearranged and this is why they are so wise. The original grid was a anyone can acess system it was not created to be a grid like Kevin's and maybe that's why it only created basic programs and the reason why Kevin's grid created the iso's because it was built by and for one user for a purpose bio digital jazz.
WARNING: Episode did not aired yesterday
did you check on disney xd? that new episode of tron uprising is yesterday because i checked the tv schedule on disney xd website for the episode "grounded" it did not appeared yesterday, did they skipped it? or did they made mistakes? or they will put it on december?