Greetings, Program! Welcome to Tron Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the User blog comment:Mr. Sinistar/NEW TRON LEGACY TRAILER!/Matias arana 10-20100724013119 page.
Hey Matias! Thanks a lot for the comments! :D Right now, I'm still trying to figure out which policies and templates I should add and stuff, so if you can help me out in that department, that would be extremely helpful. Tron is confusing since a lot of stuff in the movies and games don't have official names, character details are not clearly defined and timelines are all over the place. :p If you wanna help out with articles too, go right ahead! I'm sure if you pick a random article, you'll find stuff to add into it.
Thank you for welcoming me.
--Hornean 21:20, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/SCOTIMUS76/VA3.png† 00:54, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Not making any major changes, and like I was telling Sin- with my schedule the way it is right now, I may not even get to it before then.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/SCOTIMUS76/VA3.png† 01:01, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
There's something that has to be turned on for the slider to work....I turned it on for you.
The page to input info is MediaWiki:Slider
It has to be in exactly this format
- http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Eclipse%7CEclipse%7CI’ll never forgive myself for leaving you. Not if I live a hundred thousand years.|File:Sliderspot_twilight.jpg|File:Sliderspot_twilight_thumb.jpg
- http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/New_Moon_%28film%29%7CNew Moon|Run with the wolves!|File:Sliderspot_NewMoon.jpg|File:Sliderspot_NewMoon_thumb.jpg
- http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Cullens%7CThe Cullens|Find out everything about your favorite family.|File:Sliderspot_Cullens.jpg|File:Sliderspot_Cullens_thumb.jpg
- http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Volturi%7CThe Volturi|Love them or hate them?|File:Sliderspot_Volturi.jpg|File:Sliderspot_Volturi_thumb.jpg
Then you put (open carrot) slider id=Slider/> wherever you want the slider to show up.
Let me know if you have any questions.
However, please note that the slider really looks best in the new skin, so if you're using the old skin don't be shocked if it's not exactly the same as what you see on Twilight. Sena 17:11, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Let me know if you'd like me to turn this on for Avatar as well. Sena 18:00, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
The images have to be the exact right size to work...are you using images sized like the ones we have on Twilight? The main image is 620 x 250 and the thumb image has to be 50x25...that might be the issue.... If changing that doesn't work let me know Sena 21:18, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
The slider is working! The first issue was sizing, I believe the reason we weren't seeing it after that was a caching issue, but the images are there and they look AMAZING! Way to go, let me know where you guys use this, as it's only the 2nd live version, I'm looking forward to showing it off. Cheers Sena 15:43, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Main Page Edit
I've put the slider up on the main page for you. Figured, why wait 7 hrs. Hope that's where you wanted it, if not let me know and I'll take it down. Sena 16:59, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Edit, the slider looks really not great on the old skin. I'm going to remove it..but if you want to put it back you can just switch back to my older edit. Sena 17:01, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
- It should be soon, but I would suggest waiting until tomorrow, just to be on the safe side. Don't want to upset the community with a semi-broken looking page. Unless they and the admins are okay with it. You guys will have to decide that. Sena 17:18, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
Slider Live Edit
You're right, that does look amazing! And I saw that you are now on Facebook too, welcome!!! I'm going to share this with the office! keep up the amazing work! Sena 22:59, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Slider Quotes Edit
I'll go ahead and change the quotes to make them more "accurate". Thanks for adding that to the front page! -- Mr. Sinistar 05:12, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Few Questions about the advanced features... Edit
I'm experimenting with the new layout and am having some issues finding anything about any sort of customization. I was inspired by your page and thought I might ask you a few questions.
For instance, how do you change the border around your window? I see yours is something different, and also your pages are transparent.
Also, your background is greater than 100k, how would I be able to do the same? When dealing with an image that stretches that far, makes it hard to get decent resolution and near impossible if it's a PNG file.
Lastly, I'm trying to get the slider option enabled on my site. Thanks for your help! Most people are fighting the change and I'm just trying to make it work and look good. Thanks!
Waylandprod 17:49, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
I was able to figure out where the new CSS code goes, phew. The slider thing is still a little bit of a pain to get enabled.
- Hi! Your skin looks awesome, great work! I see you have already found the solution, as I can see the slider now. good luck. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 21:50, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks! I finally got it turned on, but I read on one of your posts it takes like 6 hours to update?! That's a little insane. The code is a little different from what I'm used to seeing, but I'm using the code you wrote on your page as an example. Still alot to clean up, but it's coming along.
- Thanks again for making a great page as a guide! - Waylandprod 23:44, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
Janis13 here. Canit wait for the new tron movie. big fan of it.
thank you. you're very welcome mr, miss or mrs matias arana. i will be welcome to come back.
Hey thanks for the message earlier. My favorite program is tron. Janus13.
Spotlight Request Edit
Your skin has two issues. The first is that there is about an inch of empty space between the wikia menu line and the wordmark/page menus area, which moves the page content down. I'm not actually sure why that space is there, so I'm hoping it won't be an issue to remove it. The reasoning here is that Wikia does not want the content area moved downwards because then less content is seen on page load without scrolling. The second issue is that the "Wikia" logo on the top left has to be white. I think this will not disrupt the look of your skin too much.
Aside from the skin, your wiki would need to unprotect the Main Page to only block edits by new and unlogged-in users, and also categorize a small handful of uncategorized pages.
Also, your community message says "Unfamiliar with Avatar guidelines....". I think you meant Tron :).
- the request was one month ago, not two! ;) I'm slow to answer sometimes, but not that slow. Spotlight requests were sort of on hold during the transition to the new skin. -- Wendy (talk) 03:33, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Weird. I never saw the last message on my talk page saying that the skin had been fixed, so I never added the wiki to the approved spotlight list; in fact I wrote that it was "pending" 5 days later instead. I am so sorry I missed that. I'll add it now, and thanks for pinging me on it. Although I've noticed that Tron is in the featured Wiki (right hand side) module right now anyhow so you are getting even better placement with that.... the footer spotlight from this request should appear in a month or so and will be a nice followup. So perhaps it worked out for the best :). -- Wendy (talk) 00:19, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Turnaround on the approved wikis from requests is usually a few weeks to a month; I can't do much about that I'm afraid. As I said, I'm sorry I missed the message and it didn't get approved a few weeks ago, but in that case it would probably be up right now (judging by the other ones I approved back then), so it wouldn't help much as you already have a spotlight right now. -- Wendy (talk) 00:47, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Goatse Spammer Edit
Thanks a lot for the block and the removal of the images. I have reason to believe that guy maybe Billy Chin, a troll out of New York who's been spamming the hell out of Tron-Sector.com. The kid's like 12 years old. He has no life and just spams. Anyways, thanks again for letting me know and I hope Wikia permanately bans his IP. - Mr. Sinistar 02:52, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
Mr. Sinstar got the wrong guy Edit
Mr. Sinstar got the wrong guy. I am not the spammer. This is the reason why I am not the spammer [as posted in Mr. Sinistar's talk page]:
"Those goatses that were posted at this wiki and tron-sector made me want to throw up. I am glad that those images are removed from both site I am sick of tron-sector and tron wiki getting vandalized by those crazy enemies of mine. The made me look like a fool at the by "trying" to make a truce with me as one of the conditions. I would had warned you of their attack on tron-sector if I wasn't banned. I found out their plans for spamming tron-sector a long time ago and there were waiting for me to be banned because they don't want me to warn you. The goatses that spammed this site and tron-sector are different from regular because have blue lines that are similar to the circuitry that is on Tron. What kind of madman is able to give a goatse blue lines? How I know that tron-sector is spammed with shock imgs? Either I eavesdrop on my enemies or I lurk in tron-sector. I am not intending to ask for getting unbanned for tron-sector now."
" Blix1ms0ns 23:52, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I really don't know who you are, but ok. I'll take your word for it. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 01:55, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you very much but did the request for and ip ban got sent yet? Blix1ms0ns 02:00, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- There's no block request. If I knew you did the spam, I would block you right now, I don't need to request it to anybody. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 02:08, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- So would Mr. Sinstar know that he have the wrong guy? I am sorry if this reply is taking to much of your precious talk space. Blix1ms0ns 02:11, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know. If Sinistar has enough proves to tell it was you, then he knows what to do. Don't worry about my talk page, I can have as much info as I can here. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 02:16, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- So how does banning works? Do you both have to agree or only one is needed? I am worried that the first thing Mr. Sinistar does in the morning is to ban me.Blix1ms0ns 02:25, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Don't worry, he can't ban you unless he is 100% sure it was you. For example comparing IPs. We'll see. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 02:30, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I am also worrried that my enemy (the spammer) will use a computer in a net cafe I go to to try to ban me Blix1ms0ns 02:39, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Billy, if you can give me the contact info of the spammer, we can block him from Tron-Sector and Tron Wiki. I'm not going to block you but still...after the million spam messages I got from my email inbox and the crap we had to deal with at Tron-Sector...to say that I'm pissed off about the whole situation is an understatement. Do your parents know anything about this? Maybe they can help. - Mr. Sinistar 04:25, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I will do my best to look for that particular enemy
- If the spam in your inbox said it is sent by me I would be surprised because I am sure that they are not from me. Possibly that spammer might had used http://emkei.cz/ or something similar ; or hacked my gmail by shouldier surfing (I might even forgot to log off of my email account) and using a mail bomber to send the spamBlix1ms0ns 02:25, December 2, 2010 (UTC).
Don't worry, right now, you're not a suspect of the trolling. That user was blocked, and you don't share an IP with him. If it happens again, I will let you know. Right now, you can be relaxed ;) --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 02:51, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Found a Junior novelization of Tron Legacy Edit
Found a Junior novelization of Tron Legacy. What can do with it. My teacher found it at the book fair and that is the only Tron related merchantdise they sell there. Besides the book is way too easy to read and it looks like it is meant for 10 year olds. I don't know why they sell that at the book fair in the HS Library but to refuse a gift is a form of bad manners sometimes . I am posting this from a school computer. There is a QE Code at the end of the book at the end. I don't know how to scan QR code (I don't have a smartphone). I am sure someone at Tron-Sector or unifiction have the means to scan the code however I am not requesting to be unbanned. Blix1ms0ns 21:06, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Need your help! Edit
Hello, long time no chat, I was wondering if I could get your help with something. I want to send out the Tron Wiki to a couple news sources so they can maybe use you guys in any stories they do about the movie. But I need your help. Here's the thing, I need some unique and extra cool information that maybe you can only find if you're on the wiki. Got anything like that you can think of? I'm sure it's here, I'm just not familiar enough with Tron to know what's the best info. The second thing I would love is if you or anyone else here would want to write a little blurb about why you love the wiki, or why it's so important to you... Just a couple of thoughts, I really want everyone to understand why this wiki is such an amazing and unique place to go for Tron information, and I want them to see how awesome all the users and admins are as well. Let me know if you think of anything I can use to attract the press :) Cheers and thanks! Sena 19:53, December 7, 2010 (UTC)
Actually I could use blurbs from as many people as you can get...maybe just a blog where folks can comment and say what they love about tron, and why they use the wiki? What do you think? Sena 23:44, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
True Grit Wiki Edit
To be perfectly honest, I'm COMPLETELY swamped the next couple days. :P I'm happy to have a look & see what can be done though - gimme a day or two, I'll talk to my boss & see what I can do.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/SCOTIMUS76/ABBOTTsiggy.png (talk) 17:58, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
that blog is just perfect, thank you! I can't wait for next week, I'm going opening day....are you going to have a place here for people to review the movie?
that blog is just perfect, thank you! I can't wait for next week, I'm going opening day....are you going to have a place here for people to review the movie? Sena 20:13, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
Review Page Edit
Since you guys don't have article comments turned on, and I don't think you have top ten lists either. I would start a blog post about it. That way people can comment really easily. I'm happy to start one, and maybe even link to it from the main page and the movie page? Let me know what you think and I'll get something set up! Sena 04:36, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
Dude I,ve seen you on the glee wiki. Edit
Hey It's Me Mr.Santana Lopez. Looks like we can agree on something. Hey Man one question. Who is hotter. Quorra or Gem. Gem has nice boobs but Quorra is hot everywhere. So your awnser is important. I can't wait to see it. 2 days. later Mr.Santana Lopez.
I started a page and a review blog Edit
Let me know what you think:
Sena 17:56, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
There are a couple of things I might suggest.
- The real world template that goes at the top of pages is a little big, and it makes it so that the text of the page (which is what you probably want to read anyway) is pushed down. I might suggest making this a bit smaller, and maybe make it so it goes to the right side of the page, so that text can come up on the left side.
|This article is written from a|
Real World perspective.
- The "Flynn lives" button on the top left of pages does the same thing for me. It's a bit confusing and people might click on it and be taken to another page, when they didn't mean or want to. Maybe you could also move this to the top right of pages?
- The Characters page that you link to in the navigation doesn't have anything on it. Maybe it would be better to link to the. Also the links under the Characters section in the navigation look like they should go to a Tron characters page, a Tron Legacy characters page etc, but really they just take you to the movie page. That's pretty confusing. Do you guys have a page for just Legacy characters, or just the original Tron characters? You might want to separate them out like that, or just put the in the navigation and let it auto populate with the most popular characters.
Just a couple quick suggestions, let me know if they're of any help! Sena 18:13, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
Still backed up with projects, but I had a few moments while watching TRON to prime for the early morning show tomorrow, so I updated and replaced the headers I had made a while back. Also added boxes that match the mainpage border. Hope you don't mind, it's not much, but unfortunately it's all I had time for.
One other thing, I centered the mainpage slider, it was driving me nuts being left-justified - if I can make a suggestion, try making a new slider with the option now available in the "Insert a photo gallery or slideshow" button in edit mode. It's a newer version,and looks a little more refined. (the one on TRON wiki is actually a version of the original prototype that we managed to release into the wild early) Off to bed now, must sleep before TRON!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/SCOTIMUS76/siggy2.png (talk) 12:31, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Shouldn't need to activate anything, the option is already included in the dropdown for Slideshow/Gallery. I'll take a look at that template tomorrow if I have time, getting ready to travel to see family for the holidays.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/SCOTIMUS76/siggy2.png (talk) 07:37, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Shouldn't need to activate anything, the option is already included in the dropdown for Slideshow/Gallery. I'll take a look at that template tomorrow if I have time, getting ready to travel to see family for the holidays.
Who said it--Flynn or Ram? Edit
22.214.171.124 10:34, December 22, 2010 (UTC)Question...
On the Tron wiki, it says:
A Recognizer (also known as a Reco by both programs and Users; Ram also called them Demons) is a hovering vehicle originally created by Kevin Flynn in 1981 for his video game Space Paranoids.
But while on their light cycles, Tron is Gold 1, Ram is Gold 2, and Flynn is Gold 3.
So who says: "Gold-3 to Gold-2. Those demons are coming down."
Wouldn't that be Flynn (not Ram) who calls them demons?
Hola Matias Arana, primero de todo, soy Zeist Antilles, editor y un burócrata de Star Wars Wiki en español. He visto en algún comentario tuyo en Wikia que eres hispanohablante y también he visto que eres administrador aquí, Siempre he sido fan de Tron desde que la vi en el cine de niño y ante el inminente estreno de la secuela, decidí crear el 7 de diciembre Tron Wiki en español, solicité interwikis para enlazar con las páginas de aquí, están activados aunque parece que aún no funcionan del todo bien pues solo enlazan a Wiky Activity. Me encanta esta wiki y me encantaría poder contribuir más pero mi inglés escrito no da para eso y bueno solo quería informaros para daros a conocer el nuevo proyecto en español que he iniciado, con la intención de hacerlo crecer y de que se le parezca en calidad a este, cualquier consejo será más que bienvenido :) Un saludo y aprovecho también para desearos un feliz año 2011. --Zeist Antilles holomensajes 23:44, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Muchas gracias por tu pronta respuesta y por tu ayuda, por supuesto eres más que bienvenido a contribuir en lo que quieras en la wiki, sería genial. Los interwikis los solicité aquí si no ves como solucionarlo lo consultaré con un helper. Muchas gracias y buena entrada/salida de año. --Zeist Antilles holomensajes 18:29, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the greeting Edit
Thank you for the greeting and let me start with, I have never actually made a article on wiki but I really liked Beta and thought he needed some recognition for once. I would really like his page to look similar to the more professional formats of the other characters in Tron. It would be nice to get some editing help on his article or at least some pointers on how to do it.
Thank you for reading
- Thank you for your edit. Any type of help, as short as it may be, helps the wiki grow, and I thank you for that. I hope you stick around, and keep editing regularly. On the Beta article side, I honestly have no idea what that is... so I don't think I'm able to help with that. If there's any formatting help for the article you need, please let me know. --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 05:00, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
Do you know when we can expect Mr. Sinistar's return? He hasn't contributed for a couple of weeks, and we could otherwise benefit from your access level as well. Right now the wiki is on a roller coaster after the release of the movie, so right now is when the Sysops are needed most. Regular contributors have limited access to handle all of the vandalism and inexperienced edits, so problems are on the rise. Category:Candidates for deletion needs a clean out, the redirect left at [[Light Jet]] can be deleted so we can move the article back, some of the infobox templates need adjustments, and several IPs in line for a block keep returning to cause more problems. -- WarBlade 04:49, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi WarBlade, thanks for your interest. I haven't talked with Sinistar for a while now, but he told me he was studying or something, and he had little time to edit. The wiki has a lot of activity, and unfortunately one syspo can't handle everything. I don't edit here too regularly, as I mainly edit in the James Cameron's Avatar Wiki, and I have other things to do beside the "virtual world". For that reason, I would like to promote some users to administration, and I think you're capable for the job. If you think that you're experienced enough, you can let me know and you could have some test time as a sysop. Eventually, I would like to search for more users to occupy more sysop places, but I'm not very familiarized with the Tron Wiki community, so it will take a while. What do you think? --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 04:58, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's fine. I perform Sysop functions with the Borderlands wiki, so I can manage the role without too many troubles. -- WarBlade 05:17, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi guys, sorry about my lack of involvement here. I second Matias's motion to move WarBlade to Sysop. Unfortunately, school and trying to start my own life has been making me push the wiki to the back burner here. I'm just really happy someone is finally using the Manual of Style! LOL XD - Mr. Sinistar 06:33, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Speaking of the Manual of Style, I think one of the biggest problems there is it is not very visible. I have a few ideas about linking to it that might improve that. It could benefit from a few tweaks itself too, as there are some ambiguous points that are very open to interpretation, not to mention Zuse/Castor, Tron/Rinzler are causing some havoc with conventional documenting. XD
- So just following up your endorsement, is there a process that we're waiting on? Perhaps waiting for votes of no-confidence or further support. If people are happy with letting me get on with implementing some repairs, I'm keen to get onto it as soon as I can. :) -- WarBlade 20:42, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I admit that some of the stuff in the Manual of Style is ambiguous because I didn't know (and still don't know) what to put in. For characters like Zuse/Castor and Tron/Rinzler, I think Tron and Rinzler should be on separate articles because Tron completely changed personality and faction, whereas Zuse and Castor should be combined into the same page because it's only a name change and he's not treated as a completely different person.
- Hopefully, Matias won't mind. I just added you to Sysops. Welcome to administration, WarBlade! :D -- Mr. Sinistar 18:36, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you. Yeah, your thoughts on those character parallel my own. -- WarBlade 18:49, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
The Gospel According to TRON Edit
The Gospel According to TRON A biblical quiz for the digital age By David Buckna http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2011/s11010071.htm
Hi, Admin Matias,
I'm wondering about a particular entry; rather than jump in and edit it, I tried to look around for discussion about the page but couldn't find one around (perhaps my fault).
The Dr Walter Gibbs page says that he wrote the MCP. I know this tallies with the TRON Chronology at the Disney site. The only problem is that they're both wrong.
The original movie, the Brian Daley novelisation and even the early scripts floating around IMSDB and other Google-reachable places say very clearly that Edward Dillinger wrote the MCP (which made itself smarter); and that Gibbs's program Dumont remembers the MCP as a chess program. More so, the scene between Dillinger and Gibbs has Gibbs saying "That MCP, you know, that's half the problem [...]".
Rather than tick off multiple people editing it back, I'd like to ask/poll other people to see what they've got to argue the other position, just in case I'm terribly wrong.
Troff 10:23, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Since there are several stories if you check out the Walter Gibbs, Ed Dillenger, and MCP articles, then the best bet would be to bring up the discussion on Talk:MCP with a view to bringing all the entries in line with each other. By the sounds of things we might wind up including mentions of all options (with citations) and state that they present conflicting data. -- WarBlade 17:27, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
Temporary Absence Edit
I'm heading out of town for four days until the end of the week. I was hoping you might be able to check in on the Tron Wiki while I'm gone, just in case the horde need some help dealing with a vandal or something. :D -- WarBlade 05:58, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, I've been a little bussy lately, that's why I haven't had the chance to stay around as much as before, but I will take a look at the wiki for these few days. See you soon, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 15:59, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks mate. Just messaging to say I'm back. I've been left with a lot of online stuff to do, thanks to this Christchurch earthquake and a few other things besides, but I'll be combing through the wiki very shortly. :) -- WarBlade 23:20, February 24, 2011 (UTC)
tron theme Edit
hi, just curious to know if there is a theme for mac out there that is the same as the encom computer?
I've searched high and low but can only find bits and pieces related to tron but not the actually computer setup.
Would appreciate any help or advice.
BG / Real World Edit
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, projects at work seem to spiral out of control sometimes. I think the change I made to the Real World template is what she was talking about - it now allows the text/content to slide up on the left & make better use of space in articles. Since this template was drawing on another template, I had to splice the two together & re-write this one entirely. The change may not work on every page - for example pages that use a template that includes a "clear both" tag below the Real World template - so we'll just have to see if any issues crop up.
Also, I froze the custom background in place so that the graphic stays in view when scrolling down through content. Let me know if any of these changes are undesired, or are causing problems. cheers-
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/SCOTIMUS76/siggy2.png (talk) 03:03, March 14, 2011 (UTC)
- "She"? She who? I was a bit surprised when the template was updated, although I'm curious to see the direction you're going with it. As far as making better use of space though, I don't think it does. Shorter "real world" pages with long info boxes on the right now have the blue box displacing the info box the same as ever, while the (lack of) text snuggles into the top left corner, leaving a fair bit of empty space down the left side. Case in point -- WarBlade 04:57, March 14, 2011 (UTC)
Tron Legacy font typaface Edit
Hello. Great site. What font do you use to replicate the Tron Legacy typeface?
Hi! I'm super excited you guys made a twitter account! If you need any help or have any questions lemme know :) O and be sure to add your Twitter account to community so that everyone can find you! Babyjabba 19:51, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I was wondering if you did Avatar too :) Sorry about that, looks like you made a Facebook right as I was starting :P I'll try and send more traffic your way when there is big news. This is the feed I was talking about:
- You can customize all the colors and make it longer or shorter :P You can play with the code here! And I'll make sure all our accounts are following your Avatar Twitter too ;) If you guys need any design help, twitter ideas, ect just ask.. Babyjabba 20:42, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
Tron Glow In The Dark Lightsuit Hoodie Edit
I have created a glow in the dark tron hoodie which has been hugely popular and a group of buyers said i shoudl get in touch with you guys to let you know.
I would love to offer one as a prize/give-away if you would be happy to link the product in my ebay store as I am sure some of you out there would love it.
Its featured at the Disney elecTRONica festival and have a great picture of a wearer in the crowd and had a customer describe it as "a must for any tron fan".
my ebay store is www.stores.ebay.co.uk/wearhouse9 - be great to see some of you guys there!
- Hello. Look, I could make a blog with a link to your page, as well as sharing it through our Twitter account. Just let me know what you think and I'll work on it. Also, we would like to hear more about your giveaway/prize idea, which should be fun. Cheers, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk Avatar Wiki 18:33, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
- That would be great thanks and i am happy to create a special offer such as £5 off any purchase for any who quotes a word of your choice! - so its a special offer for anyone who follows you or the site/community.
- I am also happy for you to run a competition - perhaps the greatest number of re-tweets or introductions to the range? and then you can pick the winner and i will provide a free it for the winner perhaps. I am very keen to work with you guys as I am a huge Tron fan and thats why I create the range but there is not much of a community in the uk hehe. I can even offer the products through your sites if you wish? - another idea for the competition may be for people to design their own TRON t-shirt? Plus I would be happy to do the same for your AVATAR Wiki and other on-going. I am happy for you to email me direct to discuss but am very keen. email@example.com.
- Good to hear back from you soon and i am happy to chat further about things as have a few more ideas.
Just a thought about Rinzler. According to the site he was Derezzed when technically he wasn't deressed, but his old state (Tron) came back to him in the sea of simulation, we never did shee him derezz since he didn't turn into tiny particles/remnants. So maybe the status of him should be 'unknown'? Just a thought though.
126.96.36.199 18:32, November 10, 2011 (UTC)MsRinzler
- Rinzler has always been a bit of a problem to classify in that area. The trouble with labelling him as "unknown" is that his status is known. As you said, the Tron personality began to reassert itself. The end result is that he has been labelled "derezzed" largely because his personality template was erased/disabled, rather than because his form was obliterated. -- WarBlade 20:05, November 10, 2011 (UTC)
TRON movie before TRON!! Edit
My name is Jean-Guy. I have a very very special question about TRON and nobody in internet seems to know that.
The creator of TRON created a small movie before TRON as a school work (I think). It was a scene of two people in a certain resistance group in the TRON world. They are in danger because they're trying to get rid of a black tank.
I know that movie exist because I had it once in hand (downloaded from internet, I don't know where).
I try to find this movie for now 3 month to show it to a friend.
If you are only able to find me the name of the movie, it will be very cool!!
Hey, I just wanted to know a quick question about Tron: Legacy. I wasn't sure who to ask, and I figure searching Google would take too long. When Sam first comes to his fathers house is Kevin and Quorra in a game of Reversi when she mentions that "his patience usually beats out my more aggressive strategy" ?
Quorra Dlc? Edit
Would I still get Quorra from Gamestop if I bought the game new today? or was that only pre order? Drewdrew99 00:46, January 20, 2012 (UTC)Drewdrew99
Era icon EditHi, Matias. You don't know me, as I'm fairly new, so greetings! I'm Jeyo. As you're probably already aware, the TV series TRON: Uprising has arrived. I thought it would be a good idea to have an era icon for TRON: Uprising, seeing as it appears to be a major thing. I contacted WarBlade about this, and he said that you were the one who got those Era Templates going in the first place, so here I am. I thought an idea for the Uprising era icon could be a similar design to this one, just with the disc being light grey, like Tron's disc in the series. Please get back to me on this. Thanks, Jeyo 23:28, May 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks like I guessed wrong. I thought it was one of Faern's creations. Looks like it was Mr. Sinistar who set them up here. -- WarBlade 00:14, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Who's Faern? A nickname for Matias? And oh...hasn't Mr. Sinistar been inactive for a while...? Jeyo 00:37, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Tribute to Robert Abel & Associates @ UCLA Nov 10 Edit
UCLA Film & Television Archive pays tribute to the groundbreaking production company, Robert Abel & Associates, on Saturday, November 10 at 7:30 p.m. at the Billy Wilder Theater in Westwood Village.
The motion graphics of Robert Abel & Associates transformed the look of film and television with their innovative and--some might say hallucinogenic--sense of style that fused art with technology. Join us as we partner with the Visual Effects Society to celebrate RA&A's legacy with an evening of clips and conversation with some of the key artists and producers, including co-founder Con Pederson (2001: A Space Odyssey).
Full event details for the program are below my signature or here:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions and thanks in advance for helping us spread the word! Best regards,
Public Outreach Assistant
UCLA Film & Television Archive
UCLA Film & Television Archive presents
“TRIP THE LIGHT FANTASTIC: A TRIBUTE TO ROBERT & ASSOCIATES”
Saturday, Nov 10 @ 7:30 p.m.
Billy Wilder Theater, Westwood Village
Producer-director Robert Abel may not be a household name but his production company, Robert Abel & Associates (RA&A), helped to define the look of an era and to change the future of moving-image-making forever. A UCLA alumnus who started out working for computer graphics pioneer, John Whitney, Abel pioneered the application of CGI in commercials, broadcast television and film. In 1971, Abel co-founded RA&A with Con Pederson (Co-Visual Effects Supervisor, 2001: A Space Odyssey) and assembled a team of artists who combined an intuitive understanding of technology, from the optical to the digital, with an innovative––some might say hallucinogenic––sense of style.
RA&A’s fusion of art and technology earned it 33 Clio Awards for its iconic work, including spots for 7UP, Levi Strauss, TRW, Benson & Hedges and the Canned Food Information Council. RA&A’s motion graphics for network television transformed the entire look of the medium. In the late 1970s, the company expanded into music videos and movies, contributing ground-breaking effects and animation work on Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979), Tron (1982) and the video for The Jacksons' “Can You Feel It”(1980). UCLA Film & Television Archive and the Visual Effects Society are pleased to celebrate RA&A’s work and legacy with an evening of clips and conversation with some of the company’s key artists and producers.
*Total running time of the event: approx. 180 min.
IN PERSON: Clark Anderson, Chris Blum, Richard Edlund, Tim McGovern, Sherry McKenna, Kenny Mirman, John Nelson, Con Pederson, Teri Schwartz and Richard Taylor.
188.8.131.52 22:25, November 2, 2012 (UTC)