Greetings, Program! Welcome to Tron Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Light Jet page.
It's very frustrating to access the wiki and find one person has rewrite a chunk of it without warning. If you feel the need to remove something as significant the most commonly recognised designation for an article, please raise the issue on the talk page first. -- WarBlade 20:43, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- First off let me apologize..sincerely. ;)
- I am new to wikis in general and it said feel free to contribute, so I thought I would. I had no idea there was a chain of ettiquite involved in making changes, or I would've done so first.
- If it is any consolation, it appears you and I are both right. The page should actually be split off into two pages.
- The small one man fighters are exactly that, Light Fighters. Quorra shouts it out to Flynn on the Solar Sailer and if you google TRON Legacy, Light Fighter you will find a number of references to it.
- The larger, 3 man fighters are called Light Jets, however. I wasn't aware of this fact, it was never mentioned in the course of the film and so I (incorrectly) assumed they were all designated the same.
- However I am unclear about what you meant about rewriting a chunk of your work, because the only change I am aware of that I have made was changing the word Jet to Fighter. Again, I do apologize as I didn't mean to aggrivate or frustrate you!
- Contributions are welcome, but if something it planned for a drastic change then it's generally good form to raise the subject first. Redesignating something that is already well established is cause enough to head to the Talk page and discuss the change with other contributors. The page should not be branched to two articles as you suggest. We use redirects to cover different names and compile data in one article. As for the designation, regardless of what Quorra shouts, every official release that I've seen, and every piece of toy packaging clearly states "Light Jet" for both the 1-man and 3-man variety. Link
- Lastly, please sign your discussion page posts with four tildes (These things: ~~~~ ) -- WarBlade 21:20, December 30, 2010 (UTC)