This is the News Archive for Tron Wiki.
April 13, 2009Edit
Last updated on April 13, 2009
- The first pictures of production for TRON 2 have been revealed!
As you can see, filming in Vancouver is underway and a bunch of stunts that take place in the real world part of the movie have been filmed. The stunts include a motorcycle chase as well as a taxi chase, with people on top of the taxis. The first program costume has been revealed and shows a much more simplified design than the older programs of the first movie. Perhaps more circuitry or details (such as armor) will be added in post-production. The budget has been reported to be $244 million USD and a new trailer for TRON 2 will be released in summer of this year at Comic Con in San Diego.
More info is at Tron-Sector
- ScreenRant.com reported that an interview with Serinda Swan for TV Guide mentioned that she, along with Olivia Wilde, Beau Garrett and another actress will play "temptresses from inside the computer world" for Tron 2. She also mentioned that the costumes that they will be wearing have lights sewn into them to recreate the backlit circuitry effect that Tron is famous for.
- Upcoming Film Scores has reported that the famous French electronic music duo Daft Punk has signed up to compose the musical score for Tron 2. Daft Punk recently won a Grammy for their song Harder, Faster, Better, Stronger from their live album Alive 2007. Here's the article for more details: Daft Punk to score Tron 2.
- Our friends at Ain't It Cool News have posted an article containing the basic plot outline for Tron 2! There are spoilers in the article so if you don't want to "spoil" the plot details for yourself, don't read it. For those who just can't wait to get their hands on the juicy details, CLICK HERE!!!
January 7, 2009Edit
Last updated on January 7, 2008
- Olivia Wilde was interviewed by SCI-FI Wire about TR2N. Unfortunately, few new details emerged from the interview, however she revealed that Bruce Boxleitner was returning as either Alan Bradley or Tron, Joseph Kosinski will be building massive sets for TR2N instead of shooting on greenscreens and will begin shooting in April in Vancouver, Canada. Also, face-replacement technology, similar to the effects seen in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button will be used.
- Reporters say that Garrett Hedlund will play the lead in TR2N. Hedlund will play the lead, a man who finds himself pulled into the world of a computer and retracing the steps of Kevin Flynn. Hedlund's credits include Troy, Friday Night Lights, Four Brothers, Eragon and Georgia Rule. The same article that reported this also said that TR2N was simply renamed to Tron, which will cause a lot of confusion if this name change sticks. This is also the fourth time the name of the sequel —has been changed.
December 16, 2008Edit
Last updated on December 16, 2008.
- Olivia Wilde, of Alpha Dog, Turistas, and "House", and Beau Garrett, of Turistas, Fantastic Four 2, and Made of Honor, have been joined the cast of TR2N! Both of them will play programs. The rumor that TR2N was renamed to TRZ was false and Disney wants to shoot in Spring 2009 and have the movie released in 2011. For more info and actual spoilers(!) check out FirstShowing.net's article!
- In recent news, TR2N was listed as the 4th most popular film of 2008 on the world-famous movie site, IMDb. Here's the link:  It seems that TR2N is turning into one of the most highly anticipated movie projects of the next few years.
December 2 & December 13, 2008Edit
It seems there's going to be a lot of people looking forward to seeing TR2N! :)
Last updated on December 2, 2008.
- Cinema Blend has reported that TR2N, the long-awaited sequel to TRON has been renamed to TRZ. Reaction by fans has been mostly negative.
- Cinema Blend also leaked the plot synopsis for TRZ:
“After being transported into the surreal landscape of a mainframe computer to destroy an intruder (Tron), a programmer finds himself allied with the leader of a rebellion against a corrupt cyber-entity.”
November 2, 2008Edit
Last updated on November 02, 2008.
- A TR2N teaser trailer was shown to the press and people from the entertainment industry at a Walt Disney Studios showcase in the Kodak Theater in Hollywood. Disney Studios chairman Dick Cook was reported as having stated that the TR2N sequel is for sure a go.
- Tron: The Ghost in the Machine #6, the last comic book in the series, has been released.
Tron Wikian NewsEdit
- Tron Wiki has been spotlighted by Wikia!
- We've reached 100 articles thanks to the creation of Lightcycle sequence.
March 23, 2008Edit
Last updated on March 23, 2008.
- After a year in development, Tron 2.0 Killer App Mod has been released!
- TRON: The Ghost in the Machine #5 will be available in comic book stores on March 26th!
- Independent video game studio, SJM Games has released a demo of the long-awaited fan game Recognizer!
- After a long-hiatus, Illegal Exit is back in production!
February 09, 2008Edit
Last updated on February 09, 2008.
- We reached 50 articles with the creation of Ed Dillinger!
- More CSS code editing has been done to the site. New features include highlighted Admin usernames.
- Tron 2.0 Killer App Mod has been delayed by TronFAQ until February 29, 2008.
- The arcade game Discs Of Tron is being released on XBOX Live Arcade February 13, 2008.
January 17, 2008Edit
Last updated on January 17, 2008.
- The Tron Wiki gets a major update on the front page including News and Featured Articles sections!
- Updated CSS code (Removed ugly table border in all infoboxes).
- We're almost up to 50 articles! Keep on writing!
- The Tron Wiki Forums are up!
- The original Tron arcade game came out for Xbox Live on January 9th!
- The Tron 2.0 Killer App Mod will be released in the next few weeks!