Please don't say he's Tron until we know for sure! Edit
NO SAYING HE'S TRON! Not until the movie comes out please and we find out for sure! Someone lock this page please! Willotaku :3 21:21, December 11, 2010 (UTC)
What constitutes actual evidence, though? It's more or less confirmed that he is Tron, or at least a version of Tron, in both the game Tron: Evolution, and the comic Tron: Betrayal -- where Tron himself is seen in /both/ wearing the same suit, identical to Rinzler's, just with blue lighting vs orange. Techn0ir 04:35, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
Doesn't mean it's him and and the game is Tron: Evolution, the movie is Tron Legacy, sheesh. and All I'm asking is wait until next week when the movie comes out, that's when we'll know for sure.Willotaku :3 08:04, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
That was a mistype, my apologies. Also, this is more of a general question, but are we expected to wait until the global release to edit in "spoilers" we have confirmation for? There are a ton of preview showings tomorrow, so a lot of us will have "actual evidence" and know for sure, and there's also the people who will hit the midnight showings as well. But if we're trying to avoid spoilers until the 16th, then that's fine. Techn0ir 18:26, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
for those of us not able to go to the previews and the midnight showings, please avoid "spoilers" and let the major stuff be kept secret until the movie's been out for a day or two. and thank you for fixing that error. and I wish people would wait for global release to reveal spoilers. Willotaku :3 02:30, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
Hmm...he is working for CLU...and has a T on his chest....reprogramed?
OI!! WAIT FOR TOMORROW TO MAKE SURE!!!Willotaku :3 03:30, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
Uh, I just saw that someone had posted that they saw the movie in Australia, but I see his comment is gone now. However, there was also a substantial amount of information added to this page, which wasn't deleted, so I assumed it was okay to elaborate on what was there. (I just got back from the midnight showing, so my information is legit.) I have it saved in Notepad to re-add later, if it's still inappropriate to add now. Even though it's now the 16th, so. EDIT: For some reason, it's not letting me add links to the article at all. Techn0ir 10:12, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
I'm the guy from Australia and I saw the movie so I can guarantee Rinzler is Tron. I also wrote in the entire plot on Legacy's page. JR 00:24, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
His actor is Anis Cheurfa, saw interview on Youtube and please right hand man to the word "program" in first sentence it makes sense.
Information I would Like to Add Edit
I have some out of universe information about Rinzler that I would like to add to the trivia section but can't because it's locked. How do I go about changing that?
Also, why is it still locked? The movie has been out for several weeks now so I'm sure it should be safe to leave it open to edits again now.
- Given the abuse at the hands of unregistered contributors on this wiki, I'm actually happy that it has a soft lock. I think all the main character articles and the Program article should be protected as well. To edit Rinzler you simply need to register a user account on wikia. -- WarBlade 15:56, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I HAVE a registered account and have made some adjustments to pages without issue, even starting one as well. But I can not edit Rinzler as I would like, so not sure why. - Amatiel
- Key to the Wiki, it unlocked for me after I get it XDenny 18:07, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah that. Some pages have protection levels set to prevent inexperienced editors messing them up. I'd like to implement some repairs to the infobox templates myself, but don't have a sufficient access level. -- WarBlade 21:30, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
Rinzler and Zuse ArticlesEdit
This has probably been asked before, but, shouldn't the articles Rinzler and Zuse be merged with the Tron and Castor? Or are they being treated as separate entities from the their true identities for synopsis purposes? Lily Ford 22:44, March 14, 2011 (UTC)
- There has been some discussion the subject. Castor and Zuse are one and the same, so it would be appropriate to merge the articles, however the correct name to use has been disputed. Ideally, for filing purposes, the article should be named by the best known designation, in this case "Castor", however a majority of people have argued that Castor's former name is his 'real name' and therefore should be the page title. With the disagreement in place, nothing further has been done. With Rinzler and Tron, most agree that they should be kept separate, so that's the way they've remained. They are distinctly different characters, with one being a villain and the other a hero. -- WarBlade 02:54, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
Ah, alright. Thanks for the clarification. Lily Ford 03:47, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
- They're the same PERSON but they both have a different name AND personality. AznPride112 06:07, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, I'm quite aware of this fact. Lily Ford 06:42, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Not all. Clu's faction ranges from yellow, through orange, to red. Add in the treachery of another program and you have white as well. -- WarBlade 05:15, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Indeed, it was orange. I edited it accordingly. TheMattMan095 04:52, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
Rinzler's Status Edit
Rinzler is listed as Derezzed, but at the end of the movie his status is unknown. TheMattMan095 04:53, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- His status is known fairly precisely. Memories of his existence as Tron resurfaced and he broke free of his reprogramming. At that point the Rinzler persona effectively derezzed as the Tron persona reasserted itself. -- WarBlade 11:44, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
I wouldn't say the persona was "derezed" he was re purposed (or un- re purposed) back to Tron identity. His physical existence is still there.
Vanitus (Kingdom Hearts)Edit
Rinzler bears a largely similar apperance to Kingdom Hearts's Vanitas, It is though that this was done on purpose as a sort of thank you for putting Space Paranoids into Kingdom Hearts II. —Preceding unsigned comment added by DrNefarious (talk • contribs)
Program Function Edit
I firmly believe that Rinzler is a Basic, although his primary function is not listed. Tron is obviously a Basic, a defense program, programmed by Alan Bradley for the old system. We all know that Rinzler was a repurposed Tron to defend Clu 2.0 in the 2010 film, so wouldn't he still be a Basic? Does anyone else agree?18.104.22.168 00:27, November 27, 2012 (UTC)