Just wanted to note some discrepancies. The article only describes Ophelia, mentions her as derezzed, but does not mention anything about how and why she became Radia and how she was derezzed.
Furthermore, her derezz date here is given as 88, but the Timeline and the Radia articles gives the date as 1989.
All in all, the article says almost nothing about the character and as I am not a Tron expert, I don't know how to fix or expand this article. MoffRebusMy Talk 21:28, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
Issue with presented information Edit
In this article, and the Tron Timeline article, Ophelia is listed as being derezzed with Tron: Betrayal listed as the source of the information. However, I have the Tron: Betrayal graphic novel sitting in front of me right now, and there isn't a single pannel in this graphic novel that depicts or implies Ophelia being derezzed. With this information, I believe that Ophelia and Radia are the same ISO, but are referred to by different names due to Tron: Betrayal being written and published before the Tron: Evolution video game was released.
I don't mean to bark orders on my first edit, so I apologize if I'm overstepping any boundaries, but I believe this article should be merged wtih the Radia article, with "Ophelia" replaced with Radia as that seems to be the finalized name for the character. MisterJulius (talk) 18:56, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I expect that the characters probably are one character, so I'm fine with the idea of a merge, although I will also point out that this will require a number of articles to be updated accordingly. As for the derezzed status, that is simply a result of TRON: Legacy information in that Quorra is believed to be the last of her kind. -- WarBlade (talk) 20:16, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I was thinking about a merge while editing Ophelia's page today (didn't get to Radia's yet), and it's probably a good idea. The two characters are generally identified as the same because Ophelia appears in volume 2 of Betrayal in the same outfit that Radia wears while occupying the same position as the leader of Arjia City and the ISOs (an outfit we never see worn by anyone else, unlike security or conscript uniforms); because the circuitry on Ophelia's face is the same as on Radia's; and because concept art for Radia was found with Ophelia's name on it. Reportedly, the name change happened late during Evolution's development, after Betrayal had been completed. Also of interest, though not conclusive, is Flynn's statement that Ophelia chose her own name; she could easily do so again. Re the derezzed status, if Radia and Ophelia are the same, she was derezzed in Evolution and that would remove the uncertainty there.
- Question: is it possible to redirect "Ophelia" to "Radia," and thus save having to update articles? Infiniteviking (talk) 02:40, December 25, 2014 (UTC)
- OK. Will move everything to Radia's article today and let you know. Thanks!
- I also came across Zexionvi's user blog where it's mentioned that Ophelia's name is on Abraxas's Evo Tron File as someone Jalen studied User culture with before being picked as co-admin. Looked up the image and confirmed it. So there's her name canonically in Evo. Infiniteviking (talk) 16:50, December 25, 2014 (UTC)