Great write up. Where are all the dates from? I should rewatch the movie, but I don't remember any being mentioned. --RedKnight 01:01, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
Oh my God, they killed KEVIN!
You bastards!!! Doug Exeter 05:18, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
I sort of noticed that. YAY! Clu-2's epic! GO CASTOR! CRAY-DAIMON CRAY 13:41, January 10, 2011 (UTC)
- No! Flynn lives! He is the creator, is he not? Jeyo 19:17, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- His digital representation got blasted to pixels. There might be a resurrection story later, but... he's less than a smear for the moment. -- WarBlade 22:07, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Are you sure Kevin Flynn's alive? Try watching the movie again and try to skip to 1hr and 02 min right after a brief verbal father and son quarrel, Sam asked Quorra why his father afraid of his own creation and why he can't end him. This is Quorra's reply:
- "He could but it would require integration. Flynn would never survive the event. It would mean the end of them both."
- It would be safe to say he's dead for now, unless if the director decides to bring Kevin back to life in the sequel (The Call of Duty franchise have a nasty habit of bringing logically dead characters to life without explanation)... Triadwarfare 15:25, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
Kevin Flynn saved on a backup disk?
I noticed that Sam FLynn had a small disk (UMD) on a chain that he puts around his neck at the end of the movie (just before he leaves the arcade with Quorra). Could this be a backup of his father Kevin Flynn (he had his father's disk to escape the Grid)? Or did he just backup the Grid itself? Collis68 09:58, January 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Many people are saying it's a Grid backup. Maybe, but the thing I spotted straight off was that Sam was in possession of Kevin's identity disc when he left the system. Given that everything about a program can be stored on those things (including the entirety of Quorra), my guess is that the disc and the portable drive will provide explanations for how to bring the elder back. -- WarBlade 10:24, January 10, 2011 (UTC)
- The last time a copy of Kevin Flynn was made he ended up as a jerk besides did kevin Flynn bought any life insurance because Sam Flynn would have to pay the insurance company back lots of money ( I know sam is rich) and possibly sue them for insurance fraud. I remeber at the end it look like Kevin Flynn and Clu turn into "digital dust". Can he come back from all of that ""digital dust"? Blix1ms0ns 02:02, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
- If the Grid is backed up there, that would mean Kevin Flynn would be on it because he "reintegrated" with the Grid, absorbing all the Grid in himself. We'll just have to wait for the next movie. 188.8.131.52 17:09, February 5, 2011 (UTC)
About the age, I read somewhere 1 gregorian year is about 50 cycles. Clu-2's epic! GO CASTOR! CRAY-DAIMON CRAY 23:30, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
- A recent addition to the Cycle article claims that this information came from a TRON: Legacy tie-in magazine. -- WarBlade 04:14, February 14, 2011 (UTC)
I would say the Age area could really use some cleaning up. It looks like there is quite a bit of rambling, which I didn't touch. However I did delete: (kept here for records)
- "especially when considering that Flynn and Clu were not always adversarial and so there would have been an unknown period of time during the creation of the Grid for which one must account."
The problem being, when Flynn and Clu become adversarial, Flynn can no longer make it to the portal. Before that Clu and Flynn simply weren't fighting and time didn't need to be tracked for age purposes since Flynn could and did leave the grid at any time he wished.
Time for this discussion effectively starts when Flynn can no longer get out, which means the 'adversary' part is in full swing. Zigguratei 00:03, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
kevin flynn is not gone
kevin flynn is not gone for good it's is unknown what happened to him after that.
reintergration - is to derez a program without a user been destroyed.
deceased - is a person's death in the real world without reintergrating.
kevin flynn is maybe still alive.
No, Kevin is gone for good. Disney killed him in a way that makes any chance of return absolutely impossible. Doug Exeter 08:47, April 11, 2011 (UTC)
Look. No need to be insulting, I'm just not getting my hopes up. If you assume the worst case scenario, it helps blunt the dissapointment if it actually happens. Hoping just sets you up for a potential dissapointment Doug Exeter 06:33, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
I'd predict that "Flynn Lives". It's certainly possible that his 'essence' was spread through out the grid when reintergration happened and the movie, Tron 3 will be Sam trying to put his dad back together again from various 'code fragments' and find what happened to Tron. It seems to me that it'd be a bit more difficult to destroy 'the man that knocks on the sky'. No need to get nasty about it though. That said, speculation is just that. So if it happens the way I think, yay for me. Otherwise, who cares? Zigguratei 23:56, January 22, 2012 (UTC)