Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Clu, immune for de-resolutionEdit
For those who watched the movie, no one tried to derezze Clu with their ID, was it because he's immune to it? Probably, if you guys agree then should this argument be added to the page? Val (I/O TOWER) 06:24, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not because he's immune (but it's possible since he was created by Flynn) but it was just that if anyone tried Clu's guards and workers would try to derezz that person before they could do it JR 07:37, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Speculations mostly cause clutter in my experience. I always advocate keeping it on Talk pages rather than articles. -- WarBlade 09:25, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think he was immune to it, (Tron attempted to derezze him) but he was hard to derezze. 22.214.171.124 21:28, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
- He's wasn't immune for derezzing,he just had a lot of henchman who would derezz the person before.And I think he was also feared by a lot of programs,so they didn't even tried it. CLU2 10:59, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
I'm of a mind to believe that Clu 2 had conditional immunity from de-resolution: the only one who could de-rez him was his creator, though at the cost of the creator's life and with the de-resolution causing a massive explosion. (VicGeorge2K9 11:35, June 13, 2011 (UTC))
It appears I've made a mistake in placing the Era templete in the wrong spot... My bad, I won't let it happen again. -Gibson42 17:58, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
Just wanted to point out some similarities between Clu and the MCP. They both took on red as their color, they both made the flying tanks, used the games as a method to control the populous, and before Clu kills the albino dude in the tower he says "End of Line", just like the MCP. Perhaps a section on that?
Personally, my theory is that when Flynn went into MCP's mind he absorbed some of the MCP, and when he made Clu he transferred it over. But, hasn't been said or shown, so just conjecture.126.96.36.199 06:35, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Speculations are fine on talk pages, but the articles themselves aim to be as encyclopaedic as possible and should remain grounded in what can be proven. -- WarBlade 10:53, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
One question from an outsider: Am I the only one who believes that the character of Clu2 in Tron:Legacy is completely computer generated? I was convinced it is so after having watched the movie, but I couldn't find anything on the internet confirming that... Has anyone more info on this? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
No, he was played by a body double and his own head was replaced by a CGI head of Flynn(Jeff Bridges). His voice and movements were based on Jeff Bridges. This was mentioned in one of the special features of the DVD.184.108.40.206 15:13, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
I noticed while watching, of all things, Digimon Tamers from 2002 (episode 38 7:50m), one of the villains said the following:
"Digimon were meant to be free from Humans. It is our right, it is our destiny!"
"Now who's being arrogant? What if you're wrong? Look at how powerful a creature was created when Humans and Digimon digivolved together? Maybe that is our destiny, maybe that's what will save us from our true enemy."
"I refuse to believe that is the answer. It can't be."
"Are you sure? Sure enough to risk the existence of the entire digital world?"
"Yes! The Humans will be our undoing!"
I was blown away by how similar this is to some of the things Clu2 and Flynn said to each other, and how it represented their views. One wants to conquer the humans, even at the cost of the world, believing them to be a threat. The other believes humans and digimon should evolve together (evolution referred to by Flynn quite a bit).
Since this was well before Tron Legacy, it might be good in a trivia section of this article. 220.127.116.11 01:24, October 17, 2013 (UTC)