As you and your community continue to build out the information on your wikia, remember that good multimedia content can help attract readers and new contributors. Videos help complement all the rich information on your wikia by accompanying your community’s work and bringing it to life.
All of the videos currently available on your community can be seen on the page Special:Videos, which is linked from the navigation tab. Here you can view the newest videos and see what’s most popular.
- Find a video you would like to add to your wikia. You can grab videos from the Wikia Video Library (which includes high quality video content from our content partners) by visiting video.wikia.com, or a video from any of our supported video sites.
- Copy the URL of the video you would like to add.
- Click on the "add a video" button in your video section or in the visual editor while editing a page.
- An input box will pop up and ask you to enter the URL of the video you would like to add.
- Paste the URL of the video, hit the "Add" button.
- Videos can be replaced, instead of deleting the file, re-uploading, and editing an article with the new file name, by first navigating to the page of the file you wish to update.
- Click the arrow next to the "Edit" button and choose the "Replace" option.
- An input box will pop up and ask you to enter the URL of the video you would like to replace the existing video with.
- Copy and paste the URL of the video you would like to upload as a replacement and hit the "Add" button.
- If you would like to remove a video, simply hover your mouse cursor over the video in your videos section and click the trash bin icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Learn how to enable features on your wikia using Wiki Features
- Learn how to create a great mainpage
- Learn how to edit the community corner
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Wikia Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Wikia for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Wikia in Wikia University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience