"End of Line" is a phrase spoken by programs. It is similar to human phrases like, "End of communication", "That's final", and "That will be all".
"End of line" can also serve as a formal goodbye. The phrase was most famously used by the Master Control Program in TRON. It is also the basis for the name given Castor's End of Line Club in TRON: Legacy.
- The phrase uttered during the game "Solar Sailer" upon failing to successfully navigate a level.
- Clu said this phrase just prior to blowing up the End of Line Club.
- The last chapter of TRON: Evolution is named "End of Line".
- The words "End of line" appear when a player-character derezzes in TRON 2.0.
- In Tron 2.0, a courier for the Kernel also the phrase to indicate the end of his report. Mercury also says it sadly when she bids farewell to Jet Bradley before he returns to his own world.
- In the video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009), one of the unlockable ingame titles features this phrase on a background resembling a red program outfit.
- In the reimagined Battlestar Galactica television series, the Cylon Hybrids often use this phrase when reciting system information about the Base-Ships.
- In the Sega Genesis game Sub-Terrania (1994), the mission report before each level is almost always concluded with an "End of line."
- In the movie Wreck-It Ralph (2012), King Candy says "End of the line, glitch" to Vanellope von Schweetz.