Balls come in different sorts, each with different properties.
- Ball Primitives are simple grenades. They are thrown and cause splash damage, making them very hard to dodge. These are used by Z-Lots and Jet.
- The Ball Launcher is a sort of grenade launcher, launching Balls much farther than what is possible with the Ball Primitive. These are also used by Z-Lots and Jet.
- Drunken Dims is an extremely deadly projectile weapon used only by Jet. It fires a number of mini-Balls in a straight path in front of the user of this weapon. Rector Scripts use a weaker weapon similar to this called Corruptic Dims.
- Ball Storm is similar to Ball Primitive but causes a much larger explosion with decay damage and visual imparment after being hit by the blast.
Ball's Affect on System Memory
When hit by a ball, Jet's system memory is corrupted. This happens in two ways.
- Bad Blocks are pieces of empty system memory that are corrupted, so they can no longer be filled with Subroutines. They can be gotten rid of using the De-Frag procedural.
- Subroutines can be infected so they no longer work, or more commonly have a lower efficiency, so a defensive subroutine will be half as effective. This infection can then be spread to other sub-routines if not disinfected.